Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the organization, JCI Belfast
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) engaging with the organization
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases:
Lawful basis: Consent
- Data Retained: Full Name, Telephone number, Email Address
- Data Purpose: To allow us to contact you with organizational updates
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information until you withdraw consent, or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Lawful basis: Contract
- Data Retained: Full Name, Business Name, Home address, Telephone number, Email Address, Date of Birth
- Data Purpose: To allow us to renew your annual subscription and identify the holder of the subscription
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information until 6 months after you cancel or lapse your subscription
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- the right to object
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data Security and Protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Email Marketing Messages and Subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time.